Widman Youth Engagement Fund
Named for Film Streams supporter Ron Widman, the Widman Youth Engagement Fund provides complimentary tickets and concessions items for students and youth in our community. The program is available to schools and groups serving underserved populations.
To learn if your school or group is eligible and/or to receive relevant programming updates, contact Film Streams Community Engagement Manager Angie Balsarini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Widman Fund provides:
- Complimentary movie tickets for youth and their chaperones
- A fun-sized popcorn and small Sprite or bottled water for each attendee
Guidelines for Widman Fund Visits
- We ask that we have at least one week notice for any of our regularly scheduled programs.
- Groups are limited to 50 people total (youth and chaperones). All receive a complimentary ticket, popcorn, and small Sprite.
- If our published showtimes do not meet your needs, we will try to accommodate groups of 30 or more with an additional showtime within the film’s scheduled run dates. We ask that groups requesting an additional showtime submit their request at least two weeks in advance.
- We’re happy to facilitate a film discussion when possible. You may request a pre-show introduction and/or a post-show discussion with our Artistic Director, Diana Martinez, PhD.
Scheduling Your Visit
- Check out our upcoming programming to decide which film you’d like to see. Choose the date and time that works for your group.
- Make your reservation here. Please allow 48 hours for confirmation.
- Arrive at the box office for your tickets. Don’t forget to visit Concessions for your snacks. Enjoy the show!
The Nebraska Arts Council offers School Bus for the Arts grants which underwrite the cost of field trips for K-12 students to attend professional arts events. More information is available by calling the Nebraska Arts Council at 402.595.2122 or on their website: artscouncil.nebraska.